Thursday, January 23, 2014

Finding Nemo Response

 After watching "Finding Nemo", I was surprised about how much things I saw differently that from when I was a kid. For one, I understood the jokes 100 times better, but I also noticed and understood a lot about the way the animals behaved. For example, I noticed the flatworm right away and thought about how great they portrayed its beautiful and vibrant colors. I also thought about the motions that it made and remembered that it uses those 'wavy' muscles at it's sides to help it swim and turn. In addition, I noticed the starfish and couldn't help but think about its gonads, stomach and sieve plate. I also love that before, I used to call their skin "the bumpy thing" but not I know that it's called the papula. In addition, I now know that Jellyfish's scientific/proper name is Cnidaria. Even though I've watched the movie several times, I couldn't help but think that the cnidaria could easily prey on Marlin and Dory because they eat anything prom plankton to something twice its size. Overall, my biology class this year has made me realize small things I never would have noticed before.













No comments:

Post a Comment