Monday, September 16, 2013

Comparing My Animals

      All the animals that I chose were just animals that I liked and attracted me most. To be completely honest, I didn't think that any of these animals would have as much in common as they did. All of my animals obviously come from the Animalia kingdom but also have the Chordata Phylum as well as have a Mammalia class. For the Order, I only have one Carnivora, Monotremata, and Primates. Both my Red Kangaroo and my Koala have the Order in common which is called Diprotodontia. Apparently, one of the few reasons these animals are in the same category is because all members of Diprotodontia exhibit a large pair of incisors on the lower jaw. Also, they have fused fingers which means the second and third digits of the feet are completely fused together, except for the claw. Who knew that all the Kangaroo and Koala had in common was a part of their teeth and their toes? Other than those two, the other animals are special in their own individual way.

No comments:

Post a Comment